10. Never buy a house with a wet basement - one that's subject to flooding, despite the use of sump pumps.
11. That other people don't care what you think. They're more worried about themselves, and you aren't the first thing on their priority list.
Could've saved so many headaches if I knew this years ago.
12. That I am capable of success. I spent so long doubting myself and not doing things because I didn't think I could.
13. Those kids that bully you don't matter, the people who pissed you off don't matter. The only thing that matters is my happiness, and if you take away from that then I don't need you in my life.
A lot of people are misinterpreting what I meant by this. Maybe that's my fault. What I boil my life philosophy down to can be explained (for the most part) by this video. It's not about not caring for people, or not treating people like human beings. But you're life will be a lot better when you make an active choice in your life to put worth in the things that matter to you, and realize that, ultimately, you are the real source of your happiness. To me, by not putting stock in what people say about me, or what giant jerk bags they can be, has helped a lot. Do people annoy me off, of course.
Am I always chipper and happy about whats going on in my classes/at work, of course not. But at the end of the day, I am the one that gets to make the choice about whether or not I'm going to be happy.
Don't seat the little things, eschew negativity, and love yourself for who you are.
14. That the 'someday' you are waiting for, (you know, the one when your real life will start to happen) is happening right now.
Don't wait to do the thing.
Hugh Laurie quote: "It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any."
15. How credit works.
16. Try to leave a pleasant experience before the experience becomes unpleasant.
17. Some people are jerks in this world, some of your friends are actually just trash, and you sometimes have to cut people out of your life to grow.
Continue reading on the next page!